We previously posted Kollaboration 9 Promo Trailer and another Kollaboration 9 Trailer. Since its inception over eight years ago, Kollaboration has launched an array of talent shows which provided a much needed platform for countless aspiring artists in music, dance, poetry, and other creative expressions. Having garnered a creditable reputation for delivering striking performances unexampled elsewhere, Kollaboration has been able to help turn up the volume of many Asian Pacific American (APA) voices in 24 shows in 5 cities so far.
This year, Kollaboration 9 will take center stage on February 21st, 2009 at the Shrine Auditorium, Los Angeles for its 25th show. The show will be offering special guest performances by MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew’s Kaba Modern and Fanny Pak. Also performing is Comedy Central’s Jo Koy, whose new show premieres this year.
The historical and iconic venue’s 6,300 seats will be filled by an eager audience, as the show’s line-up of competing performers are composed of the most listened-to independent artists of today:
- Jane Lui – award-winning songwriter and performer with her rich and soulful voice
- Paul Dateh – hip hop violinist
- David Choi – Warner Chappell songwriter and David Bowie award-winning songwriter and performer
- Kenichi Ebina – the only two-time Grand Champion of Showtime at the Apollo; actor and choreographer of the Japanese drama Manhattan Diaries
- Jazmin – the four-sister pop-group finalists of MTV’s Top Pop Group and NBC’s America’s Got Talent
- Kina Grannis – Interscope Record’s singer and songwriter
- Lilybeth Evardome – Concerto protégé of Andrew Robinson of the Los Angeles Philharmonic
This year’s panel of guest judges include Moon Bloodgood (Actress of the upcoming Terminator: Salvation, Eight Below, Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun Li), James Kyson Lee (Actor of NBC’s Heroes), James Ryu (Editor-in-Chief of KoreaAm Journal and Audrey magazine), Welly Yang (director of Asian Excellence Awards), and Teddy Zee (Producer of The Pursuit of Happyness, Hitch).
If you want to win tickets to this event, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us how you found out about channelAPA.com. Winners will be randomly selected from all entries and notified by email. Entries must be recieved by February 13, 2009. We have a couple pairs to give away, so tell your friends.
Here’s more information about the 2009 event:
Date: Saturday, February 21, 2009
Venue: Shrine Auditorium
665 W Jefferson Blvd
Los Angeles, CA 90007-3626
If you want to buy tickets, get your Kollaboration 9 tickets here.
Behind the Scenes footage of Kollaboration 9 with Jazmin