The 2011 San Diego Asian Film Festival (SDAFF) is excited to announce its twelfth season which runs OCTOBER 20-28, 2011 at the Mission Valley UltraStar Cinemas (7510 Hazard Center Drive, San Diego, CA 92108). As one of the largest film exhibitions of its kind in North America, more than 160 films will premiere from 21 countries. More than a hundred filmmakers, actors, and industry guests are scheduled to attend including Kelly Hu (THE SCORPION KING, ALMOST PERFECT), Hong Kong Actor/Singer Edison Chen, Sung Kang (FAST FIVE), Harry Shum Jr (GLEE), IAMME Dance Crew (2011 Winners of MTV’s America’s Best Dance Crew), CS Lee (DEXTER), and many more.
- Opening night film on Thursday, October 20- ALMOST PERFECT, starring Kelly Hu (scheduled to attend with director Bertha Bay-Sa Pan, and Hong Kong Superstar Edison Chen)
- Closing night film on Friday, October 28 with the foodie crowd-pleasing documentary, JIRO DREAMS OF SUSHI (director David Gelb scheduled to attend)
- Annual Music Video Party, BLOWFISH on Friday, October 21, featuring one of the pioneers of the video and DJ mash up, Mike Relm.
- Panel on Dance in Film and TV with America’s Best Dance Crew Season 6 2011 Finalists and Winners, Instant Noodles Crew + I.AM.ME Crew (respectively)
- Industry Gala Awards Event on Sat, October 22, where pioneer Asian American actress, Nancy Kwan (Flower Drum Song, The World of Suzie Wong) will receive a Lifetime Achievement award.
Get more info and tickets here.
2011 San Diego Asian Film Festival