Thursdays are about to get nerd-tastic. TBS will be airing its new unscripted competition series “King of the Nerds” on Thursdays at 10 p.m. (ET/PT), beginning Jan. 17. Hosted by actors Robert Carradine and Curtis Armstrong (Revenge of the Nerds), King of the Nerds is the ultimate nerd-off. The series will follow 11 fierce competitors from across the nerd spectrum as they set out to win $100,000 and be crowned the greatest nerd of them all. The competitors spanning the full nerd spectrum to come together to face challenges that will test their intellect, ingenuity, skills and pop-culture prowess. The nerds will first compete as teams before moving on to individual challenges. Throughout the season, the nerds will live together in “Nerdvana” and face challenges like a giant game of chess, a debate, live gaming and a dance-off. One competitor will be eliminated each week, leading to the ultimate champion being crowned. Guest judges will be on hand to determine the winners of such team challenges as a super hero debate, a cosplay competition and nerd anthem contest. The prominent guest judges include George Takei from Star Trek along with costume designer and international model and cosplay entertainer Yaya Han. One competitor to keep an eye on is Asian Canadian female game Celeste. Her’s more about her:
Celeste “BiiTTERSWEET” Anderson, 22, – Orillia, Ontario – Professional gamer who specializes in first-person shooters like Halo and speedcuber (solving a Rubik’s cube in about 25 seconds), and whose favorite animal is the cougar. She’s an avid gamer who has a collection of over 200 games and three gaming tattoos to boot.
1. Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead or Battlestar Gallactica: N/A
2. World of Warcraft or Call of Duty: Call of Duty
3. Math or Science: Well, being a Computer Science student at The University of Waterloo: Faculty of Mathematics… Math AND Science!
4. Edison or Tesla: Tesla. Tesla. Tesla.
5. Asteroids or Ms. PacMan: Ms. PacMan, nom nom nom
6. Favorite Superhero: Batman
7. Favorite VideoGame: Legend of Zelda OoT, Pokemon Yellow, Assassin’s Creed Series, Hotel Dusk: Room 215? I can’t choose.
8. Favorite TV Show: Big Bang Theory
9. Favorite Movie: The Fifth Element
10. Favorite Musician or Band: I say, just play 8-bit music all day.
11. If you have a pet (what they are and what their name is): I have a lot of video game and anime plush toys that I’d like to consider as pets, but no I don’t have one. If I did, it would be a white fluffy dog named Pegasus!
12. The one celebrity/icon (past/present) you would have wanted on your team on the show: The supreme being herself, Leeloo.
13. Aliens – Exist or Myth: Well, I’m a firm believer that there is definitely life out there.
14. Favorite Game Show: Other than King of the Nerds? The only time I’ll turn on the television is to watch my favorite game show: Big Brother.
Celeste Anderson on King of the Nerds
More about Celeste “BiiTTERSWEET” Anderson