broadcasting asian america & asian american entertainment - channelAPA.com

October 7th, 2011

Russell Wong in Ikea commercial

by Kevin Hsieh - channel APA

1 Star2 Stars3 Stars4 Stars5 Stars (2 votes, average: 5.00 out of 5)
Loading ... Loading ...

Russell Wong in Ikea commercial

One of Ikea’s latest commercials “Cabinet Doors” features Russell Wong. He and his on-screen wife go shopping at Ikea to design their own kitchen. His wife’s approach is to throw a party and entertain friends with Russell as a waiter. On the other hand, Russell Wong wants to romance his wife with food by carving a rose out of a turnip. Ultimately, the couple designs their kitchen together.

(Thanks to Paul K. for the tip)

Russell Wong in Ikea commercial

Labels: commercial, design

Permalink | Russell Wong in Ikea commercial

14 Responses to “Russell Wong in Ikea commercial”

1. Jeff says:

So glad to see Russell Wong, huge fan of vanishing son!!! Hope to see him in future projects…

2. Renee says:

I was so excited to see Russell Wong! I love the IKEA commercial! I too am a fan since Vanishing Son. Great actor and I hope he has more projects coming soon.

3. eris says:

I like his pretend wife’s butt wiggle dance! So cute!

4. seg says:

So who is the actress that plays his wife in the commercial??

5. seg says:

Does anyone know the name of the actress in the commercial?

6. Effie Grey says:

She’s probably Russel’s mom… Cos she looks too old to be his wife.

7. sanaa says:

I just saw Russell Wong 3 days ago on the 14th street subway platform in NYC. I was so overwhelmed and in shock I got too nervous to say anything but there were a couple seconds of eye contact :D He is a beautiful man, definitely getting better with age! I’ve been a fan since Vanishing Son, my brother and I were hooked on that show.

oh, and yeah I have to agree that this actress was cast to old to be his wife (no offense to her), I’m sure in actuality they are around the same age but he still passes for a bit younger.

8. Jennifer Y says:

Russell Wong’s wife in real life is very beautiful and perfect figure, but she is currently around 53, but looks more like in her 30′s. Her name is Flora Cheong-Leen. She is an actress, then a designer. I do agree the lady they used as his wife on the Ikea commerical won’t pass for his wife. Her skin is smooth and young, but this lady just didn’t have the look that is Russell’s type.

9. Steven C says:

Who is the actress in the Ikea commercial with Russell Wong?

10. Robert C. says:

Your answer is…
    Tamlyn Tomita of Glee, Crossing Jordan, Babylon 5 and The Day After Tomorrow.

11. Jan says:

That is NOT Tamlyn Tomita.

12. Matt says:

The wife is not Tamlyn Tomita. Freeze the commercial on her face and then compare a photo of Tamlyn. Both beautiful women but not the same. She has been in something but I cannot find a name.

13. mary t says:

Nice looking woman, but I agree, too old to be cast as his wife, looks old enough to be his mother.

14. Tiff P says says:

Where is Wong living these days? I heard he is now divorced.